HairDirections offers a wide variety of fun Continuing Education (CE) classes that will allow you to fulfill your license renewal requirements. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have, or if you would like help registering for one of our Cosmetology CE courses. Click on the state you are licensed in above to get started.
What People Are Saying About
Our Cosmetology CE Classes
“The educator, Kristin, was fantastic. The best I have ever seen – very knowledgeable and upbeat. A lot of great information for me!”
“It was one of the best classes I have been to in my 25 year career”
“Great class. So much fun!”
“The class was amazing! I absolutely loved Kristin’s energy!! Great Job!!”
“I can’t wait for tomorrow so I can get back to the salon and start using what I learned today!”
“Best class I have had in 8 years! Kristin was positive, funny, and most important knowledgeable! Great job. Wonderful time.”
“I loved the honesty and integrity. This wasn’t just a show, it was true education that I can use. Great 7 hours. Thank you”
“Great job Kristin. I learned a lot and actually understood it, will be at another class when the opportunity comes”
“This was my first HairDirections event and I cannot wait for the next one. The instructor made the day fun.”
“I wish I would have known about you guys sooner. I will recommend your company to all friends and family in the industry!”
“Great energy. Very informative. I thought Kristin was awesome. I would recommend her classes to everyone.”
“Learned real things we can take back to the salon and start using right away. Thank you.”
“The instructor Rocked! Great Class!”
“You are the best educator we have had in I cannot remember how long, and our salon does a lot of education.”
“The first hour was worth the cost of the class alone.”
“Just a quick note to let you know that the course was dynamite! I thoroughly enjoyed my training, and I thank you for passing along your knowledge and expertise. You’ll be getting some photos soon of our work.”
“Amazing!” (with a large heart drawn next to the word Amazing)
“I learned information that I feel I can take with me throughout my career”
“Steph and I finished my sister Jamie’s hair and she got rave reviews! Everyone at our salon couldn’t believe how awesome it looked. We are quite proud of our job and we see great business in our future. So many thanks to you and your training!”
“I came home from your class feeling good. Today I went to my salon and made changes based on everything I learned. Thank you so much!”
“This was a perfect way to do my required training”
“Loved her and enjoyed the class! Very Informative!”
“I loved it, was interesting, fun, and to the point.”
“You kept everyone’s attention the whole day and that has never happened at our salon before.”
“Wonderful presentation! Information was clear and easy to understand.”
“I liked everything and enjoyed it very much. Had a great experience and learned a lot more than expected”
“You did great. Excellent delivery and coverage. Easy to follow and loved the audio and visual materials.”
“I just finished my continuing education courses at HairDirections for my required 5 hours for the state of Georgia. I really enjoyed your classes!”
“Excellent Instructor; funny and Knowledgeable! Talked from experience! Thank you!”
“No product pushing, and real information. Great Job!”
“The teacher was sensational”
“The class was presented well. I walked away with a new service!”
“The instructor is a walking encyclopedia of cosmetology.”
“Great clear knowledge presented well. Love the handout that came with the class.”
“I liked the color geek section the most. I was never taught that there is a formula to figure out the developer and level. That was VERY informative.”
“I give you an A+. The instructor was extremely knowledgeable.”
“It was top notch. You made if fun!”
“The instructor was entertaining. The 6 hours went fast.”
“Great class, great speaker! Thank you!”
“It was all interesting! Thanks for making it fun. I learned about changes in the law and things I have long forgotten.”
“Very imaginative, good speaker, loads of information. Great job!!!”
“I loved the upbeat, humorous instructors, and the game show. Great job! Thank you! J”
“Made some not so interesting topics actually interesting! Very good personality.”
“Great use of time. It was informative and kept my attention.”
“Kept things interesting and made things easy to understand”
“I was very impressed with this class and the educator. Excellent. Thank you!”
“It was done just right.”
It was fun! So much more than I expected! Terrific!”
“Was entertaining as well as informative – was also relevant to what we need to be doing now.”
“I thought it was perfect – entertaining – shared a lot of knowledge.”
“It was interesting and fun! Great job!”
“The instructor was very knowledgeable. We enjoyed her a ton. Thanks!”
“That chick (the educator) rocked! We love her!”
“The presentation had great energy!”
“Tacky Tina (a character in one of our classes) was awesome! The educator was amazing!!! Thank you.”
“The instructor made the class entertaining and kept me interested. Also enjoyed Tacky Tina. Great Job!!”
“The educator was energetic and spunky. Kept my attention. Thank you for coming here!”
“The class was very informational and the hands on was great. The instructor was nice, down to earth, and easy to understand.”
“The instructors were very friendly and had a lot of experience in the business”
“It was a very fun class. I like how we got a lot of hands-on practice and that we also learned the business side of it as well.”
“The class was hands-on and the instructor was there to help guide you. It was very fun.”
“Very detailed and lots of patience. Also awesome instructor and fun!”
“Everything was great. Interesting and to the point.”
HairDirections is a privately owned corporation that was created to provide exceptional continuing education and consulting services for Salons, Spas, and Cosmetology Schools. The company was founded in 2003 and has since taught cosmetology continuing education classes online and around the country in areas such as New York, Las Vegas, Chicago, Atlanta, Milwaukee, and Madison. We offer a wide variety of cosmetology CE classes including hair color, hair cutting, career development, and more. Online CE classes, CE training events (hair shows), and private in-salon CE courses are available.
Wisconsin Cosmetology Continuing Education Requirements
Wisconsin Cosmetology CE requirements are summarized below for each biennium:
March 2017 Renewal – Wisconsin Cosmetology CE
Wisconsin cosmetologists, cosmetology managers, manicurists, aestheticians, and electrologists with an active license must complete 4 approved CE hours before the March 31, 2017 license renewal. These 4 CE hours must include:
- One CE hour on Wisconsin laws governing licensees and establishments
- Three CE hours on safety, sanitation and infection control
The 4 hours of Wisconsin cosmetology CE must be offered by an approved provider. See a copy of HairDirections approval letter
There are no exemptions to the Wisconsin cosmetology CE requirement for people who have been licensed for longer than a certain period of time.
Online & Independent Study Cosmetology CE Classes
Two major changes were made to the Wisconsin Cosmetology CE requirements for online and independent study (including booklets, DVD, etc.) CE classes as follows:
- If you take an online or independent study (booklets, DVD, etc.) CE class, the state now requires you to complete graded assignments as part of the class
- If you take an online or independent study (booklets, DVD, etc.) CE class, the state now requires you to take a written examination and score at least 75% to pass
If you attend one of HairDirections’ live classes, such as a Training Event at a hotel, or In-Salon Class, then you DO NOT have to complete any assignments or take an exam.
A licensee is not required to complete CE between initial licensure and their very first license renewal. For example, if you just finished school and got your license, you would not need to complete CE before your very first license renewal.
March 2015 Renewal – Wisconsin Cosmetology CE
The Wisconsin Cosmetology CE requirement for the March 2015 renewal also required 4 CE hours (1 CE hour on laws, and 3 CE hours on safety, sanitation and infection control). If you still need your Wisconsin Cosmetology CE hours for the March 31, 2015 renewal click here for an approved online class.
Illinois Cosmetology Continuing Education Requirements
Illinois Cosmetologists, Nail Techs and Estheticians are required to complete Continuing Education classes before each license renewal.
- State approved Illinois Cosmetology CE classes offered by HairDirections
IL training events (IL hair shows)
- Illinois Cosmetologists must complete 14 hours of CE before your license renewal on September 30 of each odd numbered year.
- Illinois Nail Techs must complete 10 hours of CE before your license renewal on October 31 of each even numbered year.
- Illinois Estheticians must complete 10 hours of CE before your license renewal on September 30 of each odd numbered year.
- IL Cosmetologists, Nail Techs and Estheticians may earn a maximum of 50% of the total CE hours required for each renewal through completion of an online Illinois cosmetology CE course. For example, Cosmetologists may take up to 7 of their required 14 hours online. HairDirections offers several 7 hour online IL Cosmetology CE classes on this web site.
- An IL licensee who is at least 62 years of age or has been licensed as a cosmetologist, cosmetology teacher or cosmetology clinic teacher for at least 25 years is exempt from these IL cosmetology continuing education requirements.
- Illinois cosmetology Continuing Education providers must be approved by the Illinois Division of Professional Regulation (IDPR) to offer Continuing Education courses or programs for IL cosmetologists, estheticians, and nail technicians for the CE class to fulfill your license renewal requirements.
Ohio Cosmetology Continuing Education Requirements
Ohio Cosmetologists, Hair Designers, Manicurists and Estheticians are required to complete Continuing Education classes before you renew your license.
- State approved Ohio cosmetology CE classes offered by HairDirections
- The Continuing Education requirement for each personal licensee, including Ohio Cosmetologists, Hair Designers, Manicurists and Estheticians, is eight CE hours per renewal period.
- OH cosmetology CE classes must be completed before the January 31 license renewal deadline of odd numbered years
- Online Ohio Cosmetology Continuing Education courses are allowed as a means to complete your required CE for your OH cosmetology license renewal.
- Licensees age sixty-five or older, before January 31 of the Ohio renewal period, are exempt from the requirement to obtain cosmetology Continuing Education (CE) hours for the renewal of their active Cosmetologist, Hair Designer, Manicurist or Estheticians license.
- OH licensees that hold multiple personal licenses in more than one branch of cosmetology must complete the Continuing Education requirements for each separate license. The completed OH cosmetology CE must correspond with the applicable cosmetology license type. For example, a CE course that is approved for an Ohio cosmetology license may not be applied toward the required CE for an Ohio manicurist license.
- All cosmetology Continuing Education classes intended to be used for license renewal must have pre-approval by the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology.
Georgia Cosmetology Continuing Education Requirements
Georgia requires Cosmetologists, Nail Technicians, Estheticians, and Hair Designers to complete 5 hours of Georgia Cosmetology Continuing Education (CE) classes every 2 years in order to renew your license
- State approved Georgia cosmetology CE classes offered by HairDirections
- Three of these hours must be obtained in health and safety courses developed by the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG). The remaining two hours may be fulfilled by completing other courses in health and safety, industry trends, computer skills, business management or related areas of practice. Any CE courses that you use for your GA continuing education must be registered with the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology in order for you to receive continuing education credit.
- Online Georgia Cosmetology Continuing Education courses are allowed as a means to complete your required CE for your GA cosmetology license renewal.
- Licensees of 25 years or more may receive a waiver of the required GA Cosmetology Cont. Ed.
- A test cannot be required for these GA cosmetology CE classes
- Georgia license renewal deadlines for completing your cosmetology CE training: Master Cosmetologists – March 31 of even numbered years, Estheticians – August 31 of odd numbered years, Nail Technicians – August 31 of odd numbered years, Hair Designers – September 30 of even numbered years
North Carolina Cosmetology Continuing Education Requirements
The North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners made major changes to the CE requirements effective April 1, 2012 as follows:
- All of the North Carolina Cosmetology CE classes on this page fulfill the new requirements
- North Carolina cosmetologists, manicurists, estheticians, and teachers are required to complete 8 hours of cosmetology CE every year
- North Carolina cosmetologists, manicurists, estheticians, and teachers may now complete ALL 8 of their Cosmetology CE hours online
- North Carolina Cosmetology CE providers no longer report CE hours to the North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners. Instead, you are now personally required to maintain records of the CE classes that you complete, including the course title, description, date, and number of hours earned. It is important that you save this information in case you are audited by the board. HairDirections has included all of this information on your certificate of completion to make it easy for you to have everything you need on once piece of paper.
- North Carolina cosmetology licensees must submit a signed statement indicating that they successfully completed the required cosmetology CE before renewing their license, and may be subject to random audits by the North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners (and required to provide proof of North Carolina Cosmetology CE completion).
- At least 50% of the subject matter for your North Carolina cosmetology CE hours must broaden the knowledge of the cosmetic art profession.
- Payment for your North Carolina cosmetology CE course is separate from the license renewal fee due to the of Cosmetic Art Examiners Board.
- North Carolina Cosmetology CE Exemption #1: a licensee who is in active practice as a COSMETOLOGIST and has at least 20 years of consecutive years of experience as a cosmetologist can apply for an exemption from the North Carolina cosmetology continuing education requirement.
- North Carolina Cosmetology CE Exemption # 2: Individuals age 60 or older with 10 years of continuous work experience can apply for exemption from North Carolina CE with the exception of teacher licenses.
Nebraska Cosmetology Continuing Education Requirements
Nebraska Cosmetologists, Nail Technicians, Estheticians, and Electrologists are required to complete 8 hours of Continuing Education (CE) before each license renewal. The Nebraska Board of Cosmetology allows you to complete 2 of your CE hours online. All of the Nebraska online CE classes listed on this page will count towards these 2 CE hours for your license renewal.
- Nebraska Cosmetologists must complete their cosmetology CE hours on or before December 31 of each even-numbered year, before they renew their license
- Nebraska Nail Technicians must complete their cosmetology CE hours on or before December 31 of each odd-numbered year, before they renew their license
- Nebraska Estheticians must complete their cosmetology CE hours on or before September 30 of each even-numbered year, before they renew their license
- Nebraska Electrologists must complete their cosmetology CE hours on or before July 31 of each odd-numbered year, before they renew their license
- Any licensee submitting proof that they were suffering from a serious or disabling illness or disability that prevented him or her from completing the continuing education is exempt for the biennium (physician statement required). Any person receiving an initial license in Nebraska during the second year of the biennium (24 months) is exempt from the continuing education for that biennium only. Any licensee who seeks an exemption from continuing education must apply to the Department to be exempt from CE using the appropriate renewal form.
Types of Training We Offer
Depending on your state, we offer a variety of ways to fulfill your Continuing Education requirements for cosmetologists (hair stylists), manicurists (nail techs), and aestheticians (spa service providers). We also provide advanced skills training to enhance your art and increase the creative solutions you can provide for your clients. Businesses, management, and marketing classes are also available for hair stylists, managers, owners, spa service providers, and nail techs. Educational formats include online, in-salon, and event training:
Online cosmetology classes
- Complete your Continuing Education training from the comfort of your home or office
- Save time and money by eliminating the need to travel and attend expensive shows
- Choose from a wide selection of fun and interesting online cosmetology CE classes
Training at your salon, spa or school
- This can be a great teambuilding experience
- Save time and money by eliminating travel expenses and receive discounted rates for your group
Fun training events (hair shows)
- One of the most fun ways to learn is by attending one of our events, usually held at hotels or resorts.
- We offer a variety of continuing education classes that range from technical skills classes, manager/owner business training, and required continuing education.
- Experience the energy of group events and reinvigorate the passion for your career
- Mix, mingle, and network with others in the cosmetology industry.